- the Senate Convenes: 9:30am ET February 9, 2012
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in morning business 11:00am with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each with the Majority controlling the first half and the Republicans controlling the final half.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to S.1813, the Surface Transportation bill.
- At approximately 2:00pm, there will be a roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to S.1813.
CURRENT HOUSE FLOOR PROCEEDINGS
LEGISLATIVE DAY OF FEBRUARY 8, 2012
112TH CONGRESS – SECOND SESSION
- - The House proceeded with one hour of debate on the Bishop (NY) motion to instruct conferees on H.R. 3630.4:18:28 P.M. -H.R. 3630Mr. Bishop (NY) moved that the House instruct conferees.4:16:51 P.M. -Mr. Ryan (WI) asked unanimous consent that when the House adjourns on Wednesday, February 8, 2012, it adjourn to meet at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 9, 2012. Agreed to without objection.4:16:33 P.M. -H.R. 3521The Clerk was authorized to correct section numbers, punctuation, and cross references, and to make other necessary technical and conforming corrections in the engrossment of H.R. 3521.4:16:25 P.M. -H.R. 3521Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.4:16:23 P.M. -H.R. 3521On passage Passed by recorded vote: 254 – 173 (Roll no. 46).3:59:22 P.M. -H.R. 3521The House adopted the amendment in the nature of a substitute as agreed to by the Committee of the Whole House on the state of the Union.3:59:09 P.M. -H.R. 3521The previous question was ordered pursuant to the rule.3:58:14 P.M. -H.R. 3521The House rose from the Committee of the Whole House on the state of the Union to report H.R. 3521.3:57:55 P.M. -H.R. 3521On agreeing to the Alexander amendment; Failed by recorded vote: 128 – 300 (Roll no. 45).3:24:38 P.M. -H.R. 3521DEBATE – Pursuant to the provisions of H. Res. 540, the Committee of the Whole proceeded with 10 minutes of debate on the Alexander amendment No. 2.3:24:31 P.M. -H.R. 3521An amendment, offered by Mr. Alexander, numbered 2 printed in House Report 112-389 to prevent the President from proposing any rescission to funds appropriated by Congress to the Corps of Engineers.3:23:19 P.M. -H.R. 3521On agreeing to the Ryan (WI) amendment; Agreed to by voice vote.3:22:33 P.M. -H.R. 3521DEBATE – Pursuant to the provisions of H. Res. 540, the Committee of the Whole proceeded with 10 minutes of debate on the Ryan (WI) amendment No. 1.3:22:25 P.M. -H.R. 3521An amendment, offered by Mr. Ryan (WI), numbered 1 printed in House Report 112-389 to restore certain language from the Budget Committee reported bill by reducing certain time periods from five legislative days to three legislative days and indicating that the approval bill should be an appropriation bill.2:09:51 P.M. -H.R. 3521GENERAL DEBATE – The Committee of the Whole proceeded with one hour of general debate on H.R. 3521.2:09:39 P.M. -H.R. 3521The Speaker designated the Honorable Jeff Denham to act as Chairman of the Committee.2:09:38 P.M. -H.R. 3521House resolved itself into the Committee of the Whole House on the state of the Union pursuant to H. Res. 540 and Rule XVIII.2:09:06 P.M. -H.R. 3521Rule provides for consideration of H.R. 3521 with 1 hour of general debate. Motion to recommit with or without instructions allowed. Measure will be considered read. Specified amendments are in order. The resolution waives all points of order against consideration of the bill and amendment in the nature of a substitute. The resolution makes in order as original text for purpose of amendment the amendment in the nature of a substitute consisting of the text of Rules Committee print 112-12. The resolution provides that it shall be in order at any time through the legislative day of February 9, 2012, for the Speaker to entertain motions that the House suspend the rules, as though under clause 1(c) of rule XV, relating to a measure addressing securities trading based on nonpublic information.2:09:01 P.M. -H.R. 3521Considered under the provisions of rule H. Res. 540. H.R. 3521 — “To amend the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974 to provide for a legislative line-item veto to expedite consideration of rescissions, and for other purposes.”2:07:27 P.M. -H. Res. 540Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.2:07:26 P.M. -H. Res. 540On agreeing to the resolution Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 238 – 175 (Roll no. 44).2:01:12 P.M. -H. Res. 540On ordering the previous question Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 240 – 184 (Roll no. 43).12:40:09 P.M. -H. Res. 540DEBATE – The House proceeded with one hour of debate on H. Res. 540.12:38:47 P.M. -H. Res. 540Considered as privileged matter. H. Res. 540 — “Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3521) to amend the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974 to provide for a legislative line-item veto to expedite consideration of rescissions, and for other purposes.”12:02:47 P.M. -ONE MINUTE SPEECHES – The House proceeded with one minute speeches, which by direction of the Chair would be limited to 15 per side of the aisle.12:02:05 P.M. -PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – The Chair designated Mr. Higgins to lead the Members in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.12:02:01 P.M. -The Speaker announced approval of the Journal. Pursuant to clause 1, rule I, the Journal stands approved.12:01:04 P.M. -Today’s prayer was offered by Reverend Dr. David Anderson, Faith Baptist Church, Sarasota, Florida.12:00:16 P.M. -The House convened, returning from a recess continuing the legislative day of February 8.11:32:17 A.M. -The Speaker announced that the House do now recess. The next meeting is scheduled for 12:00 P.M. today.10:00:54 A.M. -MORNING-HOUR DEBATE – The House proceeded with Morning-Hour Debate. At the conclusion of Morning-Hour, the House will recess until 12:00 p.m. for the start of the legislative day.10:00:43 A.M. -The Speaker designated the Honorable Daniel Webster