The Senate stands in adjournment under the provisions of S.Con.Res.43, the adjournment resolution.
The Senate will convene at 2:00pm on Monday, May 7, 2012.
Following the prayer and pledge, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to S.2343, the Stop Student Loan Interest Rate Hike Act.
At 4:30pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider the following items:
- Executive Calendar #508 Jacqueline H. Nguyen, of CA, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit
- Executive Calendar #568 Kristine Gerhard Baker, of AR, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- Executive Calendar #569 John Z. Lee, IL, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Illinois
with 60 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled between Senators Leahy and Grassley or their designees. Upon the use or yielding back of time (at approximately 5:30pm), the Senate will conduct up to 3 roll call votes on the Nguyen, Baker and Lee nominations. It is possible the Baker and Lee nominations will be confirmed by voice vote.
As a reminder to all Senators, on Thursday, April 26th, cloture was filed on the motion to proceed to S.2343, the Stop Student Loan Interest Rate Hike Act. By consent, the roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to S.2343 will be at 12:00pm on Tuesday, May 8th.
If the Senate does not receive a message from the House that it has adopted S.Con.Res.43, the Senate will convene on the following dates at the following times for pro forma sessions only, with no business conducted:
- Monday, April 30, at 10:30am
- Thursday, May 3, at 8:30am
The next meeting is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. on May 7, 2012.
Republicans hold hearings today …