the Senate will Convene at 2:00pmET May 14, 2012
- Following the prayer and pledge, the Majority Leader will be recognized.
- It is the Majority Leader’s intention to resume consideration of the motion to proceed to H.R.2072, the Export-Import Bank Reauthorization Act on Monday. As a reminder to all Senators, cloture was filed on the motion to proceed to H.R.2072 during Friday’s session.
- At 4:30pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider the following items:
- Executive Calendar # 570 George Levi Russell, III, of Maryland, to be US District Judge for the District of Maryland and
- Executive Calendar #571 John Tharp, Jr., of Illinois, to be US District Judge for the Northern District of Illinois
- with up to 60 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled between Senators Leahy and Grassley or their designees.
- At approximately 5:30pm, there will be up to 3 roll call votes in relation to the following:
- Confirmation of the Russell nomination
- Confirmation of the Tharp nomination and
- Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to H.R.2072, the Export-Import Bank Reauthorization Act.
CURRENT HOUSE FLOOR PROCEEDINGS
LEGISLATIVE DAY OF MAY 11, 2012
112TH CONGRESS – SECOND SESSION
. -The Speaker announced that the House do now adjourn. The next meeting is scheduled for 12:00 p.m. on May 15, 2012.11:03:23 A.M. -PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – The Chair led the House in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.11:03:01 A.M. -The Speaker announced approval of the Journal. Pursuant to clause 1, rule I, the Journal stands approved.11:01:34 A.M. -Today’s prayer was offered by the House Chaplain, Rev. Patrick J. Conroy.11:01:22 A.M. -The Speaker designated the Honorable Steven C. LaTourette to act as Speaker pro tempore for today.11:00:59 A.M. -The House convened, starting a new legislative day