running against Staci Appel, Democratic Party
As Chief of Staff for Senator Grassley, David worked day in and day out on behalf of Iowans. He listened to their concerns, developed solutions, and navigated the federal bureaucracy to get results.
Like his friend and mentor, Chuck Grassley, David believes in a government that works for people. Public service is about helping your fellow man.
David Young has already set his sights on ending Social Security’s promise, saying that the Ryan budget didn’t go far enough and that benefit cuts, increasing taxes on benefits and increasing the retirement age are all on the table. Our seniors can’t afford David Young, we must respond now!
David Young is so extreme that 85% of his own party’s primary voters rejected him just a few weeks ago. With the Tea Party once again flexing its muscle in Iowa’s primary contests, our response is critical.
- Zero Based Budgeting – this solution simply means that each year, the funding level for all government programs and agencies will begin at $0. This is a better budgeting practice than giving every program the same amount as last year, plus a raise.
- Sunset Legislation – attaching a sunset clause to every law enacted by Congress means policies will no longer outlive their usefulness. When the sunset date arrives, Congress will examine the program anew and determine if it should continue for another finite period of time.
- Full Federal Audit – the budget of every government department and agency should undergo a thorough outside audit to ensure taxpayer funds are being used in the most effective manner possible.
- Flatter, Fairer, Simpler Tax Code – the current U.S. tax code is 74,000 pages long. Giving a percentage of your income to fund the government should not require us to hire professional assistance. Additionally, the longer the code the more loopholes exist and the more opportunity there is to skirt the system and engage in fraudulent activity.
- Balanced Budget Amendment – it is often said states are the test tubes of democracy. The concept here is simple: never spend more money than you have revenue. In Iowa, this concept is just common sense.
- Full Repeal of Obamacare – The disastrous rollout of government run Obamacare is the prophetic announcement of the real mess to come. Trying to fix our health care system via a top-down approach, will never improve a broken system. All Americans deserve the benefits of lower health care prices, better access to providers, and less government spending.
Resource: his website , internet