I have to admit I do not have much respect for the extremists that hold office in Congress.
Virginia Foxx seems to be allowed to act other than the title bestowed them after taking an oath …
She is a Public Servant and does NOT act like one in my opinion.
The Government exists to help those who cannot help themselves… she and her Party do not!
Support parental consent and oppose partial birth abortions. (Nov 2004)
- Voted YES on banning federal health coverage that includes abortion. (May 2011)
- Voted NO on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Jan 2007)
- Voted NO on allowing human embryonic stem cell research. (May 2005)
- Voted YES on restricting interstate transport of minors to get abortions. (Apr 2005)
- Rated 100% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-life stance. (Dec 2006)
- Prohibit transporting minors across state lines for abortion. (Jan 2008)
- Bar funding for abortion under federal Obamacare plans. (Jul 2010)
- Prohibit federal funding for abortion. (May 2011)
- Prohibiting forced abortions by UN Population Fund. (May 2011)
- Congress shall protect life beginning with fertilization. (Jan 2011)
- Prohibit federal funding to groups like Planned Parenthood. (Jan 2011)
- No family planning assistance that includes abortion. (Jan 2013)
- Grant the pre-born equal protection under 14th Amendment. (Jan 2007)
- strongly opposes :
- Abortion is a woman’s unrestricted right
- Legally require hiring women & minorities
- Comfortable with same-sex marriage
- Expand ObamaCare
- Higher taxes on the wealthy
- Pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens
Voted NO on protecting free-roaming horses and burros.
Voted NO on environmental education grants for outdoor experiences.
Voted NO on $9.7B for Amtrak improvements and operation thru 2013.
Voted NO on increasing AMTRAK funding by adding $214M to $900M.
Voted YES on protecting cyber security by sharing data with government. (Apr 2013)
- Voted YES on terminating funding for National Public Radio. (Mar 2011)
- Voted NO on delaying digital TV conversion by four months. (Mar 2009)
- Voted YES on retroactive immunity for telecoms’ warrantless surveillance. (Jun 2008)
- Voted NO on $23B instead of $4.9B for waterway infrastructure. (Nov 2007)
- Voted NO on establishing “network neutrality” (non-tiered Internet). (Jun 2006)
- Voted YES on increasing fines for indecent broadcasting. (Feb 2005)
- Permanent ban on state & local taxation of Internet access. (Oct 2007)
- Defund the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. (Jan 2011)
- End net neutrality; allow tiered Internet service. (Jan 2011)
- Prohibit the return of the Fairness Doctrine. (Jan 2009)
- No performance royalties for radio music. (Mar 2009)
Voted YES on banning armed forces in Libya without Congressional approval. (Jun 2011)
- Voted NO on removing US armed forces from Afghanistan. (Mar 2011)
- Voted NO on investigating Bush impeachment for lying about Iraq. (Jun 2008)
- Voted NO on redeploying US troops out of Iraq starting in 90 days. (May 2007)
- Voted YES on declaring Iraq part of War on Terror with no exit date. (Jun 2006)
- Strengthen sanctions on Syria & assist democratic transition. (Apr 2008)
- No contact & enforce sanctions on Iran until threat is gone. (May 2011)
- Boycott & sanctions against Iran for terrorism & nukes. (May 2011)
- Iranian nuclear weapons: prevention instead of containment. (Mar 2012)
- Sanctions on Iran to end nuclear program. (Apr 2009)
Welfare & Poverty
Voted YES on maintaining work requirement for welfare recipients. (Mar 2013)
- Voted NO on instituting National Service as a new social invention. (Mar 2009)
- Voted NO on providing $70 million for Section 8 Housing vouchers. (Jun 2006)