- Empowering law enforcement to crack down on perpetrators of domestic violence,
- Providing legal aid to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault,
- Supporting rape crisis centers and hotlines.
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to S.2240, the Paying a Fair Share Act.
- As a reminder to all Senators, cloture was filed on the motion to proceed to S.2230, the Paying a Fair Share Act on Thursday, March 29th.
- At 4:30pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #460, Stephanie Dawn Thacker, of WV, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Fourth Circuit with up to 60 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled between Senators Leahy and Grassley or their designees.
- Upon the use or yielding back of time (at approximately 5:30pm), there will be a roll call vote on confirmation of the Thacker nomination. There will then be a 2nd roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to S.2230, the Paying a Fair Share Act.
- If the House does not adopt S.Con.Res.38, the adjournment resolution, the Senate will also meet on the following dates at the following times in pro forma sessions only, with no business conducted:
- Monday, April 2nd at 2:00pm
- Thursday, April 5th at 11:00am
- Monday, April 9th at 10:00am
- Thursday, April 12th at 2:00pm
Tell Republicans Compromise is NOT a dirty word
CURRENT HOUSE FLOOR PROCEEDINGSLEGISLATIVE DAY OF MARCH 30, 2012 112TH CONGRESS – SECOND SESSION en-usPursuant to Title 17 Section 105 of the United States Code, this file is not subject to copyright protection and is in the public domain.Fri, 30 Mar 2012 23:00:03 EDTYes11:08:36 A.M. -The House adjourned pursuant to S. Con. Res. 38. The next meeting is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. on April 16, 2012.11:08:35 A.M. -On motion to adjourn Agreed to by voice vote.11:08:19 A.M. -Mr. Dreier moved that the House do now adjourn.11:07:01 A.M. -COMMITTEE FILING AUTHORITY – Mr. Dreier asked unanimous consent that all committees have until 5 p.m. on Friday, April 13, 2012, to file reports to accompany measures. Agreed to without objection.11:06:52 A.M. -S. Con. Res. 38Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.11:06:48 A.M. -S. Con. Res. 38On agreeing to the resolution Agreed to without objection.11:05:03 A.M. -S. Con. Res. 38Considered as privileged matter. S. Con. Res. 38 — “Providing for a conditional adjournment or recess of the Senate and an adjournment of the House of Representatives.”11:03:46 A.M. -The House received a message from the Senate. The Senate agreed to S. Con. Res. 38 and passed H.R. 2297 with an amendment.11:03:10 A.M. -PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – The Chair designated Mr. Dreier to lead the Members in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.11:03:04 A.M. -The Speaker announced approval of the Journal. Pursuant to clause 1, rule I, the Journal stands approved.11:01:09 A.M. -Today’s prayer was offered by Reverend Dr. Barry Black, Chaplain, United States Senate, Washington DC.11:00:38 A.M. -The Speaker designated the Honorable Jeff Denham to act as Speaker pro tempore for today.11:00:25 A.M. -The House convened, starting a new legislative day.
You know what keeps me awake at night?
The GOP‘s war on women.
We’ve got so many things we need to focus on right now in the Senate — jobs, boosting the economy, and rebuilding our nation’s roads and bridges.
But the Republicans don’t care about any of that. They’re focused solely on turning back the clock to the 1950s when it comes to women’s rights. And it needs to stop.
Despite our successes stopping the Blunt amendment and a number of other harsh political attacks directed at women, we’re already looking at difficult fights ahead:
We shouldn’t have to focus on these kinds of assaults on our basic rights — but they’re giving us no choice.
And, with your support, I’m going to keep fighting tooth-and-nail to stop them from gutting decades of progress on women’s health.
I can’t wait until this is over and we can get back to creating jobs and boosting the economy — but I’m glad that you’re right there with me.
So if you’re as fed up with this fear mongering as I am, fight it, and give to the party that’ll hit back every time: