I am not a songwriter but I love to read definitely hear the spoken word.
My interest is in the art of movement, specifically dance, but great words put on paper in innovative patterns can soothe invigorate irritate and make you feel good.
They also say, Music is said to soothe the savage beast least we talk about our souls
… So, since
we all love to love …
1) Make it personal because reading someone’s experience with love at first sight, first love, lust , a long term love or a one night stand brings a sense of connection folks sometimes look for and set to music can only enhance a good lyric ..right
2) Be yourself because as an avid reader and lover of music I do go out of my way to learn the lyrics to a song I like love and feel the performer is genuine in their delivery and not trying to be something else, can actually be heard seen felt through the spoken word
3) The kind of music that makes an impression on me also provides imagery a vision of something or what the song is about; even if it is abstract, the image is sort of like a coffee table object. Always up for interpretation depending on who is listening reading or learning the lyrics … of course, when it comes to love … when someone is singing to you … take the time to listen; I heard that once and then again you may have heard the song but weren’t feeling the notes
What gets folks onto the dance floor …
4) Rhymes Reason and Rhythm because who doesn’t like the art of movement …and more often than not that is what kind of music makes great artist move up into the stratosphere … in my opinion. I dance because I have to and anything that has a great hook a great bass or syncopation definitely will get played more than once in my house. The rhythm of life
5) Always assume a video of your creation is a possibility so … be that visionary
🙂 Always believe you were born to make music (:
“nofollow” to all links
“This post was created in partnership with eAccountable.
All opinions are my own.”
Clicking 2x on graphic will maximize it